Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Friday, March 2, 2012

To eat or not to eat

It's March.  Time for the age old question.  Continue eating like a maniac and trying to gain weight and strength? Or lower the calories a bit and aim to slim down for the hot summer months, but lose a little bit of strength.  Usually, I try to lower the eating and get some more control.  That's what I did last year, and almost IMMEDIATELY, my lifts began to drop.  

I don't want that to happen this year.  I don't want to be flabby when I take my shirt off at the beach either.  So, I have an immediate plan and a mid length plan, and a long term for the summer plan.  

For the rest of this week, I'm going to eat like a fucking champion.  I'm talking lots of calories, lots of protein, carbs, fat... hell even some alcohol on Saturday.  Today, I'm squatting 190x20.  And on Saturday, I'm hitting 205 for 3 reps on bench press.  

Then, I'm taking Sunday and Monday off.  Those days, I'm still gonna eat well and recover well.  Going forward, for another month or so, I'm going to eat heavy on training days, and I'm gonna eat medium to light on off days.  I'm going to walk almost every day.  I'm going to sprint once a week.  And I'm going to see if eating this new way will effect my lifts.  They shouldn't drop, because I'm still eating like a champ on days when I lift.  But I should be able to trim some fat in the process, especially with sprinting.

Once the full on summer blast hits, if I've still got some flab then I'll go into a little bit of crazy mode to try and slim down.  Increasing the sprinting, doing some intense barbell complexes and stuff.  But for now, I still want to hit those increases on bench, squats and deadlifts.  

Have a nice weekend everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment