Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A quick bench session - and an idiot spotter

Short and sweet.

Got to the gym yesterday for short session of benching.  Nothing else because of the wart.  It's softening up, and once it pops I'll throw a bandaid on there and see what I can lift.  Here are the sets.

Oh.  Some dude worked in with me after I dropped the weight to 185, which was fine.  Which wasn't fine, was when he spotted me on my 3rd set and fucking practically lifted the weight for me.  Ok.  I was pissed.  But, being an idiot, I told him to only lift the weight if it's obvious I can't get it up.  And then gave him an opportunity to spot me again when I "redid" my set b/c he fucked it up.  Fucking guy does the same thing again.  When I asked him why he lifted the weight for me, he says "I thought you couldn't handle it."

Motherfucker.  Guy was curling the weight while I'm pressing it... on my FIRST REP!  I wanted to flip the fuck out.  Instead I just said, "I'm done," and left the gym.

3/19/12 - Monday
Bench - 4 sets
135x5 (warmup)
135x5 (warmup)
165x3 (warmup)
205x3
185x5
185x infinity
185x infinity

Yeah it's infinity, b/c I probably could have done infinite reps with this dude curling it while I'm benching.  Don't even remember what I did.

Finished up with a short jog around the block to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment