Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Squatting Failure

I failed 20 rep squats last night.  I really just punked out.

My plan was 190 for 20 reps.  Problem is, my gym doesn't have 2 1/2 lb weights.  My wife and I usually bring them from home.  I forgot them.  So, being a tough guy, I jumped to 195 instead.  And, like a tough guy, I only got 15 reps.  I think I could have eeked out another 1 or 2, but I just didn't do it.  Didn't have the drive.

The logical part of me is telling the angry part of me that it's okay.  I had just hit a PR on bench, and didn't eat great the day before.  I was a little tired, and I wasn't focused.  All resulting in me not having a great session.  I'm going to try again at 195 next week.

3/5/12 - Monday
Squats - 1 set
135x8 (warmup)
155x5 (warmup)
195x15

Bent Barbell Bicep Curls - 2 sets
60x8 (warmup)
80x8
80x6

All in all, I'm chalking this one up to just a bad day at the gym.  Next time I'll do better.

PS - Notice how I've substituted biceps for chinups the past 3 workouts?  That's called laziness, and I'm an asshole for doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment