Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Squats, RDL's and Cleans - Oh my!

Yesterday was round 2 of the squatting, cleaning and RDL'ing all on the same day.  I realized near the end that it might be a bit much for a single session at the gym.  I want to stick with it though, because it WILL improve my conditioning.

I did 1 set of 20 rep squats again.  Upped the weight by 20lbs, to 155.  It wasn't CAKE, but it was easier than I thought.  I'm upping it again next week.  The goal is to eventually be doing 225 for 20 grueling reps.

Here are my sets.

1/10/12 - Tuesday
Squats - 1 set of 20 reps
95x10 (warmup)
135x5 (warmup)
155x20

Power Cleans - 4 sets
95x5 (warmup)
135x3
145x3
155x2
155x2

RDL's - 2 sets
135x8
135x8

As I said above the squats weren't that bad.  Of course, my legs were linguini afterwards, and they're already destroyed this morning.  I can't wait to do this again next week.

The cleans were again a mixed bag.  I decided to go for pure power cleans, as I enjoy the "explosion" pulling the weight up off the floor.  My form still leaves a lot to be desired.  Oh, and I failed just as many reps as I hit at 155.

RDL's are weird.  Weight-wise, they're the "easiest" of all these lifts.  The problem is that I'm trying so hard to keep my form correct.  I'm concentrating on keeping my legs straight, but knees unlocked.  I'm concentrating on trying to keep my hips back.  And I'm concentrating on keeping my back straight, chest puffed out.  And after a session of hard squatting and cleaning, my focus is beginning to waver.  I feel like most of my mental energy is going towards keeping my form good, and I'm not concentrating on the exercise itself.  I dunno if that even makes sense.  It's tough to put it to words.

And lastly, I've begun upping my whole milk intake.  Why?  Because I'm not gaining any fucking weight.  I'm a solid 163.  Which means over the past 3 weeks I've gained...0 pounds.  I think that it's obvious I'm not getting enough calories, irregardless of their source.  It's winter, and my body can afford to gain another 7 pounds before the spring hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment