Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

BS Back and Bi day

Monday my legs and groin were still incredibly sore from doing the 20 rep squats on Friday.  I didn't want to hit deadlifts with my quads still that sore.  Instead, I did one of my girly "back and bi's" workouts where I don't really hit any of the "main" lifts.  I even used one of those lat pulldown machines.  Of course, I wasn't sure what weight I could do, and had to experiment to figure it all out.  I still worked out hard, but I wouldn't say it was a good workout.

Here are my sets.

1/2/12 - Monday
1 Hand Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets
65x8 (warmup)
100x7
100x6
100x5 (grip started to slip left hand)

Super Duper Lat Pulldown Machine - 3 sets
90x8 (warmup)
140x8
180x8
180x8

Standing Dumbell Bicep Curl - 3 sets
40s x 7
45s x 4
40s x 7


I wanted to do deadlifts tonight, but my grips are still sore, especially in my forearms.  I may dial it back a bit and do some chest/shoulders for reps at a lighter weight instead.  Then Friday my grips will be better and I can deadlift with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment