Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Deadlifts on Saturday, Softball on Sunday

As the title suggests, I hit the gym on Saturday for some deadlifts.  During warmups I felt a little weird in the lower back, but I figure I was just working out some of the kinks.  It's been over a week since my last deadlift session.  Increased the weight to 285 for 2 sets, and 275 for the last set.  Grip was slipping, as usual.  But I fought through it.

Here are all the sets.

4/21/12 - Saturday
Deadlifts - 3 sets
135x8 (warmup)
225x6 (warmup)
285x5
285x5
275x5

I was going to do some curls, but the wrist felt weird, so I opted out.  

Sunday was softball.  We play 2 back to back games of 7 innings, 10 guys on the field (4 outfielders).  We had just enough guys, and I played left field.  As expected, my shoulder sucked.  Really, it sucked bad.  I could barely throw, and when I did it was all pain.  We lost both games, but we all had a blast.  Here are some highlights.

First off, there was a storm in the northeast on Sunday, so it was raining the entire time.  Not pouring, but windy and coming down hard.  I'm glad the ump let us play through it.

As a team, we had a TON of errors.  I'm not surprised, we barely practiced and most of the guys haven't even looked at a softball since last season.  I had an error in the outfield as I missed a ball that was hit over my head.  I tracked it down well, but didn't eye the ball into the glove.  I also had a diving miss, but I wouldn't call it an error.  

Batting, we did well.  Everyone on the team swung the bat well, and as a group we scored a ton of runs.  It was really our fielding that did us in.  But as I said, we all had a blast.  I can't wait for next weeks game.

No comments:

Post a Comment