Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bench is still weird

Went to the gym on Wednesday and did some bench.  Not much discomfort in the wrist, but I felt unsteady with the bar.  I was going light, but was unable to pump out any 8 rep sets.  I'm thinking that my wrist is probably still a tad bit weak, and it's impacting my ability to press the bar.

I also did some more weighted chinups and cable triceps with the ropes.  The tricep stuff felt very uncomfortable.  I finished the sets but dropped the weight.

Here are the sets.

4/26/12 - Wednesday
Bench Press - 3 sets
95x10 (warmup)
135x6 (warmup)
175x7
175x6
165x7

Tricep Cable Pulldown - 3 sets
80x8 (warmup)
120x5 (discomfort)
100x7
100x6

Weighted Chinups - 3 sets
25x5
25x5
25x5

Wasn't too happy about bench or triceps, but I was glad about the chins.  I could have probably done a couple of more reps in there somewhere too.  I hope I can keep up the chinning, and do them a few times each week.

On another note - I'm still sore from softball on Sunday! Quads, glutes, calves.... almost everything about my legs is STILL sore, 4 days later.  I didn't mention it in my last post, but the 1st and 2nd days after the game were brutal.  Limping around and hunched over like an old man.  In theory, I'm supposed to be squatting on Friday, but we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment