Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Back in the saddle again

Thaaaaaaaats right!  Squatted on Sunday, along with some light benching.  Legs felt fine, elbow felt mostly alright, and my wrist felt 95% fine.  Middle of my bench sets, I felt a little... something.  Not pain, not even really discomfort.... just something.  I couldn't put my finger on it, so I dropped the weight even further. My elbow was fine until I stupidly grabbed the ropes for the tricep cable pulldown exercise.  Did a warmup set, and then tried a regular "heavy" set.  I got through it alright, but felt some discomfort and decided to call it quits.

Squats went kind of well.  I jumped the weight up to 225, and after a shaky first set, I did 3 more there.  Here's all of my sets!

4/15/12 - Sunday
Squats - 4 sets
135x5 (warmup)
135x6 (warmup)
225x3 (ow)
225x5
225x5
225x4

Bench Press - 3 sets
95x8 (warmup)
135x8
165x8 (felt some weirdness)
135x10

Bent Barbell Bicep Curl - 2 sets
50x10 (warmup)
70x8
70x10

Tricep Rope Pulldown - 1 set
80x10 (warmup)
120x6 (some discomfort)

All in all, I was just happy to be back in the gym.  Taking almost a full week off is not cool.  I have an appointment Wednesday to look at my shoulder.  I'm scared shitless, and I'm also excited.  Maybe he'll be a magician and magically make me able to throw for our first game on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment