Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What to do today

As I said yesterday, I want to train today.  The question is, what do I train?  My legs are still way too sore for me to try deadlifting, and I just did shoulders on Sunday.  My chest feels alright, it's been 4 days since I did bench on Friday.  But, since I'm beginning to get back into the higher weight range of Bench, I don't want to overdo it, and end up too tired to push forward into 200+ poundage territory.

What I may do, is a little mashup of cleans, rows and chinups.  Kind of a pulling session, without the deadlifts.  I know my cleans could use the work.  If I do this, that puts chest on the menu next, followed finally by deads.

Here are some of my goals on my lifts, some short term, some long term.

Deadlift - 325x5 reps.
I can hit 315 for 5, but need to get my grip stronger to hit 325.  Only a few months ago, my 1RM was 325.

Bench Press - 225x1
A few weeks ago I was able to hit 4 reps at 195.  This seems like a tall order, but I'm slowly making my way towards 200lbs.  Something tells me once I break 205, I'll be able to attempt 1 rep at 225.

Squat - 225x20 reps
Squats have been a journey.  I remember over a year ago I managed 5 reps at 315.  Of course, I was stupid and only going 1/4 of the way down.  I remember being so proud of myself.  What an idiot I was.  Now, my form is correct, and the depth is correct.  This is a longer term goal.  I don't expect to hit this till the summer time.  Earliest.

Overhead Press - 135x5 reps.
Shoulders.... my weakest lift.  I have so much trouble getting this up.  I can barely eek out 3 reps at 125, let alone 135.  This is a long term goal.  I've revamped my technique, and am kind of starting from scratch again. My hope is to hit this by summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment