Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Bench is progressing nicely

In continuing my cycle of bench (and somewhat shoulders), I increased the reps at 185 for bench on Saturday.  It worked out very well.  For shoulders, I'm still experiencing the chronic pain in my right shoulder.  It doesn't effect my ability to press, but moving the weight forward and back (racking and unracking military press) hurts.  A lot.  I'm still pressing (might be a mistake) but not making much progress, other than finally doing "full" reps, rather than half assing it.

Either way, here are my sets.

2/4/12 - Saturday
Bench Press - 3 sets
95x8 (warmup)
135x6 (warmup)
185x5
185x5
185x5

Seated Military Press - 3 sets
95x5 (warmup)
115x5
120x4
115x5

Tricep Cable (ropes) pulldown - 2 sets
110x8
110x7

Next week I believe I'll be reintroducing myself to 195 on the bench press.  Hopefully, 2-3 weeks after that I'll be introducing myself to 200 and beyond for the first time.

For shoulders, I may try some trigger point therapy.  I'm short on time, so I can't find a link ATM.  It involves rubbing around your shoulder till you find the exact spot that the pain is coming from, and then poking it really fucking hard for a few seconds.  Take a break, then rinse and repeat a few times.  And do this a few times a week until it goes away.  I'll see if I can find a link tomorrow so you can actually read about it.

And finally, I love the NY Jets, so I'm glad the Patriots lost.  Even though I'm a huge Jets fan, I still like the Giants, and I'm happy they won.  Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment