Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Bench is progressing nicely - again

Last week I talked about how I'm enjoying this whole cycling thing with my bench.  Backing off is working.  I've been slowly building my weight back up, and on Friday, I pumped out 195x4, and had another rep in the tank.  Just to reference, I was maxing out at 195x4 about 8-10 weeks ago, and couldn't get past that mark of weight/reps.

I felt really good on Friday, like I knew that I can and will get into the 200's, and beyond.  Strange, I feel the momentum behind me and I know I'm gonna move forward.  Shoulder is still hurting whenever I move my right arm forward.  I need to do something about it.  It's to the point where I'm beginning to worry that I'm going to feel pain throwing a softball when the season starts.

Anyway, here are my sets.

2/10/12 - Friday
Bench Press - 3 sets
95x8 (warmup)
135x8 (warmup)
195x4
185x5
185x4

1 Hand Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets
65x8 (warmup)
80x5 (warmup)
100x5
100x5
100x4 (grip failing so hard on this)

Weighted Dips - 2 sets
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5

I haven't done dips in ages.  I stopped doing them because my chest would build pressure while doing them, and then after a day or so, it would pop... like cracking your knuckles, except much larger.  It didn't "hurt" but it was so uncomfortable, and the pressure was not cool at all.  I did them last night, and stopped after 5 reps because I felt the very beginnings of that pressure after each set.  I think that if I raise the weight but keep the reps low, I should be alright.  I'm taking it slow though.

Also had a good workout on Saturday.  I'll post it up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment