Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pressing and Pulling

Monday went to the gym. Was an in between day, meaning it was between deadlifts, bench and squats.  Decided on military press, cleans and weighted chinups.  The only thing I was remotely happy with was the chins.

2/20/12 - Monday
Seated Military Press - 3 sets
95x8 (warmup)
115x5
125x4
115x5

Power Cleans - 10 sets
95x5 (warmup)

135x2
Did 10 sets of this, on the minute (not a minute rest in between) for 10 minutes.  20 reps total.

Weighted Chins - 3 sets
25x6
25x5
25x4

I wonder if I should just clean every fucking day until I get better at it.  I felt like the 135 was so easy.  But then I up the weight to 145 and I can't get it up more than 2-3 times in a row.  WTF

I'm not a big basketball fan, I never have been.  It's baseball and football for me.  But I live in NY, and a few of my friends are Knicks fans.  With all the crazy Linsanity going on, I've been tuning in every so often. Usually it's just a few minutes here and there, and I actually watched last week when Jeremy Lin scored the 3 to win the game against I think it was the Raptors.  But last night my wife and I watched the ENTIRE game of the Knicks destroying the Atlanta Hawks.  It was a fun game to watch, and I'll admit I'm getting caught up in the whole thing.  Tonight they're playing the Heat.  You can bet your ass that after the gym I'm gonna plant myself in front of the TV and watch.  And PS, the guy making the 70's big face cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment