Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Overhead Press and... cookies?

It's Christmas time.  This means that people are insane for the next 3 weeks.  It's just a fact of life.  I've seen it in the way people drive, the way they shop... even the way they cook.  My wife and mother both have been baking Christmas cookies like their lives depend on it.  And I'm the fool who pigs out on the piles of cookies as they're piping hot out of the oven.

mmmmm cookies


As you may or may not know, I don't usually eat flour/bread/grains.  So cookies made with flour kind of mess my stomach up, especially when I house over a dozen of them at a time.  Tuesday and Wednesday were a little intense.... I ate cookies for breakfast, brought a few with me for lunch, and ate a few after dinner.  Wednesday night left me in pain, and making massive deposits in the porcelain bank all night.  Needless to say, I'm still here today eating gingerbread cookies. As my wife would say, "what an idiot."

Despite the cookie madness, Tuesday night I trained standing shoulder press.  I'm still having some weird pain in my shoulder, so I can't do the seated barbell press.  I think I like standing better anyway.  I did not increase the weight, but I did increase (slightly) the reps.  I'm getting more comfortable with the exercise.  Here are my sets.

12/6/11
Standing Overhead Press - 3 sets
45x8 (warmup)
85x7 (warmup)
125x4
115x5
105x7

Seated Arnold Press - 3 sets
50x6
50x5
50x5

Not the best workout, but effective.  Shoulders were weary afterwards.  Next time I press I'm upping the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment