Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Deadlifting makes me feel good

I know, I said I was going to do cleans yesterday, but my wife convinced me to do deadlifts instead.  It feels weird to write that.  My wife convinced me to do deadlifts... crazy.  We did them together.  And while I didn't hit a PR in weight, I increased the sets I could do at 305.  I have a weird mentality, I always dread the days when I'm going to deadlift, but afterwards I always feel fantastic.  Such a feeling of satisfaction.

Again, I asked if they had a weight belt and was told they would order one.  So no weighted chins this week. And finally, there was no space to do any curls, so Anna and I tried a preacher curl machine.  It was... interesting.

Here are my sets.

12/1/11
Deadlifts - 3 sets
135x8 (warmup)
225x5 (warmup)
305x4
305x3
305x3

Barbell Rows - 3 sets
155x8
165x6
165x6

Preacher Curl Machine - 3 sets
70x8
80x7
80x6

A couple of notes:  My triceps are destroyed from those skull crushers.  Seriously.  And my left quad is sore. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm driving a stick shift temporarily.  It's like my leg isn't used to  it or something... I don't get it, but it's sore.

Next on the menu are cleans this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment