Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Deadlifts - Being Loud at the Gym

The gym on Monday was packed.  I can't remember it ever being that loaded with people.  It was so crowded I even considered going home, but waited it out and got on the rack where I could deadlift.  Didn't hit a PR on weight, but was able to up the reps a bit.  Here are my sets.

12/12/11
Deadlifts - 3 sets
135x8 (warmup)
235x5 (warmup)
305x5
305x4
305x4

Barbell Rows - 4 sets
135x8
155x7
165x6
165x6

Overall, I'm happy with the lifts.  Next week I'm going to attempt 315.  We'll see how 3-4 reps goes.

On a side note.  I tend to slam the weight down in between reps when deadlifting.  I don't do it on purpose.  The weight is fucking heavy, and I kind of just let it drop after I lock each rep out at the top.  It can get kind of loud, especially when it's 305 pounds hitting the floor.  I've gotten the looks from other people before, but normally I don't give a shit.  This last time one of the trainers did a "is that necessary?!" yell from across the gym when I did my last rep.  I'm loud, but I'm not THAT loud.  And I don't scream or any of that shit while I'm doing my sets.  As you can see from my reps above, the slamming only goes on for 4 or 5 reps at a time.  And only for 3 sets.  Am I in the wrong here?  Should I be gently placing my weight down in between each rep?  My gut is screaming no.

I need to get a damn video.

PS - Hats off to my wife for nailing a PR of 185lb deadlift for 5 reps yesterday. Her strength is increasing dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment