Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Happiness is a Choice

Happiness is a choice.  My wife said that to me today while I was whining and being extremely negative (aka being a little bitch) about how my sleep has sucked lately.  Granted, my sleep HAS sucked lately.  I keep waking up at like 5ish AM, and then toss and turn and half-sleep till the alarm goes off around 7am.  In short, it blows.  Anyway, as I get less and less sleep each night, I get crankier and crankier, and I've been acting like somewhat of an asshole lately.  Talking to Anna today, she helped me realize that I'm being somewhat of a little bitch about my stupid sleep situation.  While it may suck, I need to man up and be myself, not the guy who's suffering from sleep deprivation and gets depressed and acts like a dick because of it.  I'm better than that.

Happiness is a choice.  Whatever is happening with me and this sleep bullshit, it has no impact on who I am, or how I treat others, especially the people I care about.  It shouldn't change my view of the world, or make me pessimistic.  I'm still the loving, driven and overly optimistic sonofabitch that I've always been.  And that's never gonna change.  I choose to be happy, not some depressed piece of shit that you scrape off your shoe.

Thanks Anna for reminding me of that (in not so many words).  I love you.

PS - I did squats yesterday.  Here are my sets.

12/9/11
Squats - 3 sets
135x9 (warmup)
185x6 (warmup)
245x5 
235x5
235x5

Looking back on this blog, I haven't squatted since November 10th.  Christ.  I think I may begin sacrificing weight to get more exercises in.  For example, doing cleans and bench press in the same day.  My bench would suffer (if I did cleans first) because I'd be tired, but I also wouldn't go so damn long in between each exercise.  Squats and shoulder press?  Deadlifts and rows?  I dunno, I have to plan it all out.  And I'm not the best at planning.  

Since I hadn't squatted in such a long time, after my warmups my groin and glutes were all sorts of tight and strained.  It all worked itself out in the end though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment