Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Oh yes... cleans

Friday night was a dud, so cleans were put off until Saturday morning.  I did things a little differently this time.  I upped the weight to 135, and did 2 reps on the minute for 10 minutes.  It totaled 20 reps at 135, which was fantastic.  Near the end my form started getting sloppy, but that's to be expected.  I think next time I can up the weight even further.  I'll keep at it and hopefully soon I'll be getting real weight up.  My traps yesterday and today are incredibly sore.

12/17/11
Hang Cleans - 10 sets
45x10 (warmup)
95x5 (warmup)
135x2 - 10 times

And that's about it.  Afterwards I went home, got changed and had to run a few errands before heading to a surprise birthday party that evening.

I'll leave you with a great paragraph off of an old 70s big post back in April.  Took me a while to find it, but find it I did.

Never avoid doing something that’s hard. Avoiding “hard” makes you a coward, and you can never experience or learn anything by being a coward. By convincing yourself to do something that’s hard when you don’t want to, you won’t just grow physically. You display a quality of strength that correlates and resonates far beyond the barbell. By overcoming the difficult, that process sets you up for success. Your thoughts formulate your feelings, your feelings compose your emotions, your emotions are exhibited through your actions, and your actions define who you are. By structuring your thoughts to tackle difficult challenges, to strive towards success regardless of the obstacle, you formulate into a better person. You manifest into 70′s Big.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment