Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunday pulling

I had a wedding this Friday, which made training on Saturday...difficult.  Needless to say, the wedding was a lot of fun and plenty of drinks were had.  Saturday I was in no shape to train anything except my water drinking abilities and play endless gears of war horde mode.

Sunday, I woke up, played some more gears, and then headed to the gym fasted.  My legs were still sore (and are still sore today...crazy) so I held off from deadlifts for now.  Instead I did a "regular" back and bi's kind of workout.

10/23/11
1 Hand Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets
65x8 (warmup)
80x5 (warmup)
95x8
95x8
95x7

Not much rest between sets on these

Chinups (wide bar) - 4 sets
30 reps across 4 sets, maybe 1-2 minutes max in between sets

Bi barbell curls - 2 sets
70x8
70x8

This was a workout on speed.  I didn't rest enough between sets, and it definitely effected the weight I could do.  Plus, by the end my forearms felt crazy tight, but no pain.  It didn't help that the Jets game came on the TV at some point.  It made me go even faster b/c I wanted to get home already and watch the game with a beer in my hand.

Overall, I rate this workout: Shitty. Maybe I should stop doing bullshit workouts on the weekend.  If anything, I should have done 100lbs on that dumbbell row.  I could have handled it easily.

The only good part was I ate my fucking face off when I got home from the gym, and the Jets won.

No comments:

Post a Comment