Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pulling and some Forearm Pain

Alright.  I worked a little late last night, but made it to the gym.  Here are my sets.  Keep in mind that these are working sets.  I warm up first with a set of lighter weight to get things going.

10/11/11
1 Hand Dumbbell Rows - 3 Sets
95x8
95x7
95x6

Felt a slight shooting pain in my right forearm during the 2nd set.  I rested a solid 5-6 minutes before doing my 3rd set.  The weight became difficult to grip in my right hand, but I managed to pull 6 reps.

Bodyweight Pullups - 5 Sets
32 total reps, broken out across 5 sets.  I used the smith machine for these b/c it has a wide bar.  I just raised the bar up to the top rack and did my pullups there.  I still felt some strain in my forearm, but it wasn't enough to have a significant impact on my work.

I get to add another complaint about my gym: The weight belt is often either missing or broken.  Couldn't do weighted chins b/c there was no weight belt available.  Hence the bodyweight pullups.

Upright Rows - 3 Sets
80x8
80x8
80x8

This time I felt the strain in my right forearm the moment I picked up the weight.  Took this one a little lighter b/c of this.  Afterwards I actually felt like this whole exercise was a waste of time.

Dumbbell Bicep Curls - 1 Set
35x8

At this point, my forearm really tightened up.  Figured I shouldn't press my luck, and called it a night.

Overall, I'm not particularly happy with how it went last night.  Today I don't feel anything in my forearm, so I hope it was just a little twinge.

No comments:

Post a Comment