Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Deadlifts, Fatigue, and Bad Form

Ahh deadlifts, how I love and hate thee.  Saturday I made it to the gym and did some. Here they are.

10/15/11
Deadlifts - 5 sets
135x8 (warmup)
225x5 (warmup)
295x4
295x4
295x4
295x4
295x4

Interestingly, the forearm pain that I felt earlier in the week didn't really impact my workout.  I did feel some extra tension in my right arm during the lifts, but I was still able to keep a good grip on the bar and finish my sets.  I was really fatigued on the last set, and my form was terrible.  The last 2 reps I was using way too much quads to get the bar up instead of my back, and it showed.

The gym is iffy today.  I have to pick up a new suit after work, and then Jets are playing tonight.  I have a feeling I'm just not going to have the time.

Also, next time I do deadlifts I'll try and get some video.  It's good to have the ability to critique yourself after the fact.  Plus if anybody's actually reading this blog, they can give me some advice on my form.

No comments:

Post a Comment