Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Friday, May 11, 2012

My Wife is Pregnant

In the relatively short time I've had this blog, I 've done my best to keep it focused mostly on lifting, and occasionally mention things like my diet and some general things that are going on in my life.  Like softball, or the shoulder injury.  I try not to get TOO personal.  I know this blog isn't even really read by too many people, but it's still public, and I don't like to put myself out there too much.

It's been tough to talk about anything here without mentioning this huge change in my life.  So, here it is.  We have a baby on the way!  We've known for a while now, and she's about 13 weeks along, just into her 4th month. We've done multiple sonograms, we've seen the baby moving around, and she's taking the giant sized prenatal vitamins.  I'm feeling really excited, happy, and yes, a even little scared too.  But I think that's normal.

Look, I can even make a joke about how it's "obviously" a boy! ::wink wink::


My wife, Anna, is handling it very well.  She's eating right, and she's still going to the gym.  She's been lifting heavy for a while now, and she doesn't want that to stop.  She's just using common sense with her workouts.  She'll squat, but she's not going for PRs.  Same with deadlifts and the other big exercises.  We've read that it's no good to bench press because of the pressure while laying on your back, so we've switched to incline bench.  (Hence, my incline bench post the other day)  And even then, she's not going too heavy.  On top of all that, she's doing rows, shrugs, and a few chinups here and there.  Nothing too crazy, but she's making sure that she stays active, which is great.

She's taken to walking more often, and while her diet hasn't been perfect, she's been doing a fantastic job.  Getting lots of protein and fat from meat and dairy, and she's been staying away from grains for the most part.  She is eating some carbs, mostly from potatoes, fruits and vegetables.  Did I say she's been loving dairy?  Anna's been having lots of cravings for milk, cheese and greek yogurt.  Dark chocolate too.

All in all, we're both tremendously excited, and we can't wait to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment