Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A good deadlift session

Worked late on Tuesday, so I wasn't able to lift.  I still worked a little late on Wednesday, but I got out in time to slip into the gym and sneak in some deadlifts.  Gotta say, I felt great.  Had no trouble pulling 295 for 5 reps, and almost had to force myself to back down to 285 for the sake of patience.

As I've said, I'm trying to go slow and steady upwards so that I can blow through my deadlift PR of 325 for 5 reps.  It's slow going, b/c I alternate deadlifting and squatting each week.  With softball on Sunday's, my legs are always a little sore for a few days afterwards.  It's tough to squeeze in both squats, deadlifts, and a day of crazy sprinting all within 7-10 days.  In just a few more weeks I should be back up

Here are the sets/

5/9/12 - Wednesday
Deadlifts - 3 sets
135x8 (warmup)
225x5 (warmup)
295x5
285x5
285x5

Bent Bar Bicep Curls - 2 sets
80x7
70x8

That's it!  As usual, I was rushed.  The final game of the Knicks vs Heat was on, and I wanted to watch.  Even though I knew they were gonna lose.  I wasn't dissapointed!

In other sports news, the Mets are killing it right now.  5 in a row!  Lets go METS!


No comments:

Post a Comment