Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Progress on Bench

Did some bench, incline fly's and some weighted dips last night.  For once in my life I'm actually getting stronger on Bench.  It's fantastic.  I didn't up the weight, but I added an additional set at 185.  Here are my sets.

11/3/11
Bench Press - 4 sets
95x8 (warmup)
135x5 (warmup)
185x4
185x3.5 (needed a tiny spot to finish the 4th rep)
175x4
165x5

Incline Fly's - 4 sets
60s x 5
60s x 5
60s x 4
55s x 5

Weighted Dips - 3 sets
45lbs x 6
45lbs x 9
45lbs x 9
bodyweight x 15

I'm happy.  I'm making progress with bench, which has been a serious problem for me in the past.  On incline fly's I actually tried 65's, but I just couldn't get them up on the first rep.  My chest was fucking annihilated.

And, as I mentioned the other day, the weight belt is back.  My weighted dips actually dropped a bit because I haven't done them in a few weeks.  I expect them to come back quickly.

I plan on doing incline bench next time.  I don't know if this will replace flat bench, or if it will be in addition to it.  We'll see.

Cleans are on the menu for Saturday.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid!  I know I am lol.

Oh and I started typing up a whole article on sleep earlier this week.  It was after I had a particularly shitty nights sleep and was feeling the effects of...well... a shitty nights sleep.  I'll have it up next week some time, complete with pictures of people sleeping!

Take it deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment