Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Cleaning it up

It was a day of cleaning on Saturday... and boy, did I clean.  I think I've done cleans maybe 3-4 times ever in my life, and every time I do them... A) they wreck me.  B) I say "I should do these more often."  and C) I don't do them again for a while.  For those of you who don't know what cleans are, take a look below.  That's the same demo video shown on www.crossfit.com.



Doing hang cleans fucking annihilated my traps and upper back, my forearms and wrists, and of course my life.  And again, I'm an asshole.  I workout on Saturday and don't update the blog till Monday... I'm going to forget exactly how many reps for each set that I did.

11/5/11
Hang Cleans - 5 sets
45x8 (warmup)
95x8
115x6
125x5
125x5
125x4

Bicep Curls - 3 sets
35s x 8 (seated)
35s x 8 (seated)
35s x 8 (standing)

Rear Delt Raises - 3 sets
25s x 8 (warmup)
45s x 8
45s x 8
45s x 8

The cleans were sloppy as hell, but that's just a lack of practice.  If you're wondering what the hell a "rear delt raise" is, I took two dumb bells, bent over, and raised my arms to the side.  Kind of like this guy.  I've never actually done these before, but my back is sore today.  I guess it did something.

Overall, I'm happy with the workout, but want to increase the weight on the cleans.  Can't wait to do more  next week.

Oh and one last thing - Jets and Giants took care of business this weekend.  With the victory over the Bills and the Patriots loss to the Giants, the Jets are now tied for 1st in their division.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment