Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's been a while

It's been a full week since I last posted.  Life has been a little crazy, and time has been scarce.  I've lifted twice in the past 7 days, and I'll post my workouts in 2 posts to make it easier to follow.

First... a little catch up on what's been going on the past week.  It's been fun, it's been busy, and I've loved it.

Wednesday night my brother and I went to NYC to watch Bela Fleck and the Flecktones perform at Town Hall.  As expected, the show was phenominal... each of the guys in the band played different instruments, and between the banjo, the piano, harmonica, the bass and drummer... it was all pretty mind blowing.  Each guy got his time to shine with numerous solo's, and they all really played their hearts out.  It ended up being a really fun and awesome night with my brother, and I can't thank him enough for inviting me.

On Thursday, my wife took me to the Hamptons (eastern LI) for my birthday.  The weather was rain, but we drove around a bit and saw some sights where we could.  Our destination was a bed and breakfast, where we spent the night.   The room we stayed in was huge, with a really big screen TV, a jacuzzi, a back porch, 2 big couches, plenty of board games, and a king sized bed.  Yes, it was epic.  Thursday night, we went out for dinner and enjoyed a fantastic meal of fish and filet mignon, oysters and a fudge sunday to top it all off.  It's safe to say we gorged ourselves with no regrets.  The food was fantastic.  Friday morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast that was a little unusual. I had a LOBSTER fritatta, and Anna enjoyed an omelet with all sorts of crazy shit in there, including sun dried tomatoes, bacon, and some kind of Vermont cheese.  All in all, it was a really great time and my birthday couldn't have been better.

Saturday night, Anna and I went out with some friends who wanted to treat me to some drinks for my birthday.  Another fun night... this time with shots, spilled beers, and darts.  Oh and weird thing happened... some dude knocked Anna's beer over INTO her purse.  He looks at what he just did and says "someone needs to get her a new beer," or something like that and then gets up... we assumed he was getting her another beer.  But no, the guy ran away from the scene of the crime.  One of my friends and I went outside just in time to see him peeling out with his girlfriend in tow.  Go figure... Asshole.

Sunday was spent at my parents house with some of the family, they had a little birthday cake for me which was nice.  I also got to see my niece and nephew, along with my cousin and his fiance.  It was really a nice time with some family I hadn't seen in a little while.

All in all, I was spoiled like crazy for my birthday.  Poor Anna has a bag that still smells like pumpkin beer.

Now... to my workout on Saturday.  Since it had been a little while since I had last done deadlifts, I did some RDL's instead.  I just went a tiny bit lighter on the weight, and really concentrated on using more hamstring tension to raise the weight.  I also did some weighted chin ups and nailed biceps a bit.  Here are the sets.

11/19/11
RDL's - 3 sets
135x8 (warmup)
225x5 (warmup)
285x5
285x5
285x5

Weighted Chinups - 5 sets
25x8
25x7
25x5
25x6
25x4

Biceps Preacher Curl (2 hands)- 3 sets
80x4
70x7
70x6

A couple of things here.  This was all last Saturday, and I'm not sure if I did 3 or 4 sets of the RDL's.  I don't want to post more than I'm sure that I did, so I'm only putting 3 sets down.  Also, I don't remember the exact breakdown of the chinups, but I know I did 30 reps total.  And finally, the preacher curls were done using a "crooked" bar, not the straight bar.  Between the chinups and the preachers, my bi's were shot afterwards. It's Wednesday, and my forearms are still sore from this workout.

I'll post my workout from last night in a separate post, so things don't get too confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment