Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Incline Bench

I switched to incline bench last night, and it worked out well.  I'm definitely weaker when I'm pressing on an incline, but I think it's a great way to mix things up and help strengthen your chest.  After incline, I did some flat bench dumbbell press, and finished up with some triceps using cables.

Here are my sets.

11/14/11
Incline Bench - 5 sets
95x8 (warmup)
135x5 (warmup)
175x5
175x4
165x4
165x4
155x6

Flat Bench Dumbbell Press - 3 sets
75x4
65x9
65x7

Triceps Cable Pull down - 4 sets
50x7 (reverse grip, as if I was doing bicep curls)
50x7 (reverse grip)
50x6 (ropes)
50x5 (ropes)

This was an up and down night at the gym.  Incline I started out strong, but died really quick.  On my 1st set at 165, the bar moved way too far forward on the 2nd rep and I needed a spot to get it back up.  I finished the set with 4 reps, but it tired the shit out of me.  By the end, I knew I had to drop the weight to 155, else I embarrass myself trying to put up 165 again.

On the dumbbell press, after my first set I decided to opt for less weight and more reps.  My chest was feeling super destroyed by the end of this.  As were my triceps.  I switched things up from the dips this week, and used the cables... which I usually hate doing.  The "50lbs" I used is such an abstract weight, because it's using pulley's.

I have no plans to train tonight, but I might have to squeeze something in.  Wednesday I'm going to a show with my brother after work, and I have off for my birthday on Thursday and Friday.  My wife has hinted at something crazy during those 2 days.  Like I need to pack an overnight bag crazy.  So the gym may be out of the question for the rest of the week.

Deadlifts are next on the menu.  If not tonight, then maybe Friday?  We'll see.

Either way, guess what I'm doing tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment