Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Finally Deadlifts

Finally was able to bust out some deadlifts.  Oh, and they finally repaired the weight belt.  Did weighted chinups as well.  Here are my sets.

11/1/11
Deadlifts - 3 sets
135x8 (warmups)
225x5 (warmups)
305x4 PR
295x4
285x5

Chinups - 6 sets (28 weighted chins)
25lbs x7
25lbs x7
25lbs x6
25lbs x4
25lbs x4

Bodyweight x5

I had some trouble with my focus yesterday, and it kind of screwed up my rhythm.  I still hit a PR on the deadlifts, although the last rep the weight practically fell out of my hands.  My grip was shitty on the bar.

Oh, and the video I promised of deadlifts?  My wife brought the camera, but as we pulled it out the batteries died.  It sucked b/c she hit a PR on deadlift too, 185x4.  I'm really proud of her, she's been working hard for a long time to get that up.  She wanted a video of her attempt too.  Either way, next week we'll be more prepared..

I need to get a video, I'm worried my form is turning into a half squat/half deadlift motion that's not fluid.  I got the weight up yesterday, but it was not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment