Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bench and... skullcrushers?

After working a little late on Monday night, I found myself unable to make it to the gym.  Unfortunately, I just got home too late.  It was unfortunate because on Tuesday, it was pouring, and the traffic home from work was terrible.  I left work kind of on time, but sat in traffic forever, and got home late anyway.  I still went to the gym, I don't like not going for more than 2 days.  And it feels like I've done that a few times recently.

I did flat bench, and tried skull crushers for the first time in like 10 years?  I think I did them once when I was in college.  They were awkward, and I kept the weight light, but I feel like they worked the shit out of my triceps.  Dunno if it's because the exercise is effective, or I'm just not adapted to it.  For bench, I started well, busting out 2 sets at 185, but the 3rd set I lost my focus.  2 "bros" were standing in front of my bench, having a pleasant discussion about something.  I don't even remember the topic, but it was distracting.  I let it mess me up, and it kind of ruined my 3rd set.  Their fault?  My fault for not staying focused?  Probably the latter.  Here are my sets.

11/29/11
Bench Press - 3 sets
95x9 (warmup)
135x5 (warmup)
185x5
185x4
185x3

Skull Crusher - 3 sets
60x8
60x8
60x8

Easy as pie.  But I'm already sore in my tri's.  Thursday is either squats or may some clean and press?  We'll see how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment