Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Independence Day Deadlifts

Alright, I didn't deadlift on July 4th, but I did do them on the 3rd.  I envisioned myself "stepping my game up" and pushing it to 315.  All on the course to getting a new deadlift PR in a few weeks.  Well, I got 315 for 3 reps, but my form was atrocious and my grip was slipping like crazy.

I was feeling weird, so I did some quad extensions on the machine.  Haven't done those in at least a year.  I don't know what came over me.  As I said... weird.

Independence day was fantastic.  Went to my aunt's house, and enjoyed the sun, the pool, and amazing food.  I ate 2 plates of pulled pork and homemade bbq sauce, with corn, coleslaw, chick pea salad, burgers and venison.  It was a lot.  Plus some apple pie and a fruit/pudding/whipped cream pie.  And then we ended the night with some fireworks brought over by my cousin.  And of course, there was plenty of beer to go around.

Really, it was such a great day.

Anyway, here are my sets from the 3rd.

7/3/12 - Tuesday
Deadlifts - 3 sets
135x8 (warmup)
225x5 (warmup)
315x3
295x5
295x5

Leg Extension Machine - 3 sets
175x8
195x8
195x8

Bent Bar Bicep Curls - 1 set
70x10

To top off this whole post, the Mets vs Phillies last night was one hell of a game!  On a night where Dickey and Hamels both struggled a little, the score went back and forth all night.  A big walk off hit by D. Wright in the bottom of the 9th put the game away!  Just awesome!  I'm a huge Mets fan, so this one really made my night.


No comments:

Post a Comment