Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Saturday Bench Session

I'll keep this short and sweet.

Bench is progressing nicely.  On Saturday, I benched, did some dumbbell rows, and 3 sets of cable rope pulldowns for the triceps.  My grip has been consistently sore over the past 2 weeks.  If I had to guess, hitting the new PR's with deadlifts is partially the cause to this.  Plus, I've been spreading my "back" workouts out across bench days (rows), deadlifting days (chins), and squat days (biceps).  My hope is that as long as I don't overdo it, my forearms will adapt and get stronger.  And then my ability to deadlift will increase.  I've also thought about getting one of these...



Haven't done any shoulders in about 2 weeks.  Have I rehabbed it at all?  No.  I need to build/purchase something that can be used to roll/rub/apply serious pressure to the deep tissue within my shoulder.  What's strange, and I've said it before is that it does not hurt for me to press.  It hurts when I hold weight above my head and move it forward and backwards.  I can press with no pain, I just have to be wary of the way I rack and unrack the weight.  

Haven't cleaned in a while, I plan on doing that tonight.  I might military press tonight too, I think that I can continue pressing mediumish weight without injuring myself.  And finally, I'm going to do some weighted chinups with 25 lbs tonight too.  So much for not overdoing my grip workouts...

Here are the sets from Saturday.

2/18/12 - Saturday
Bench Press - 3 sets
95x8 (warmup)
135x6 (warmup)
155x3 (warmup)
195x4
195x3
185x4

1 Hand Dumbbell rows - 3 sets
65x8 (warmup)
90x7
90x7
90x7

Cable Rope Pulldowns - 3 sets
100x8
110x7
110x6

Quick note: Dumbbell rows I went lighter because my forearms were a little sore/tired before I even walked into the gym.  

No comments:

Post a Comment