Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cleans, Press and Front Squat!


As I think I alluded to last week, we decided to switch things up a bit in regards to the clean and press.  Instead of trying (and failing) to correctly perform such a complex movement, without any real coaching, we instead broke the movement down into it's individual parts.  The hang clean, the push press, and the front squat.  We concentrated on form, while doing heavy enough weight that we weren't wasting our time.  Here are my sets.

Tuesday - 2/5/13
Hang Cleans - 4 sets
45x5
95x8
95x8
115x6
115x6

Push Press - 3 sets
95x6
95x6
95x6

Front Squat - 3 sets
95x8
135x6
135x6

Hammer Dumbbell curls - 1 set
35x15 each arm

After this workout my wrists were beat up.  After the hang cleans, I thought my wrists were a little tight.  The push presses (which started resting on our shoulders) destroyed them.  And then the front squats did us in big time.  Afterwards, wrists were really sore, but today they seem to be much better.  

Can't wait for deadlifts again on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment