Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Squats and some misc stuff

I'll start with the easy stuff first.  Friday I squatted.  Knee didn't feel good, but I went ahead anyway.  The way it's been working is that it hurts at first, but once I warm up I don't feel any pain whatsoever.

It followed that trend, and I managed 4 sets of squats, and then a few weak sets of chinups.

Friday - 3/1/13
Back Squats - 4 sets
135x10
185x5
255x5
255x5
255x5
245x5

Weighted Chinups - 5 sets
25x5
25x5
25x5
25x5
25x5

We usually do chinups on the smith machine bar, as it's a little thicker and works the grip nicely.  Unfortunately, it was taken so we were doing them on a smaller universal type machine that had some hand grips to chinup or pullup from.  I didn't like it.

Sunday, I was supposed to do the trifecta.  Clean, Press, Front Squat.  It didn't happen.  I went to the gym, tried 2 warmup sets of cleans, and instantly my right wrist was in pain.  Starting from the thumb side of my hand, going halfway down my wrist.  Even now, if I make a fist, I still feel that pain. Instantly knew I wasn't doing any cleaning, or anything with my wrists for that matter.

Instead, I found my friend John in a back room of the gym with his ipod plugged into the stereo system.  He was doing a semi cardio/sprint workout and I joined in with him.

We did 4 rounds of:

Hitting a punching bag
Mountain Climbers
Jumping Jacks
Jumprope

Only 30 seconds on each item.  Afterwards, I felt great.  My legs were still sore from Friday's squatting, so they were nicely on fire from the mountain climbers.  Plus, hitting a bag was the shit.

So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment