Stay Puft

Stay Puft
Stay Puft has his game face on!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cleans and Thoughts

I did a lot of clean and press yesterday.  Probably too many, b/c by the end my wrists were on fire and my form had turned to shit.  Not that my form was great to begin with.

I had a lot of trouble pressing 135 and 145, even push pressing.  Even though I could clean for 4 or 5 reps, I only really pressedon 3-4 reps each set.

After we were done with cleans, we did a couple of push press sets just to get some extra work on shoulders, and even to kind of work on our form.  I don't press very often.

Tuesday - 1/22/13
Power Cleans and Press - 5 sets
95x8
135x5
135x5
145x4
145x5
135x5

Push Press - 2 sets
95x7
95x5

Bent Bar Bicep Curls - 1 set
40x8
60x21

Form was shaky.  We discussed breaking it down into 3 components and working them out separately.

Hang Clean
Push Press
Front Squat

I think doing this is smarter than trying to just jump in feet first into a clean and press where our form is shaky, at best.

Next workout is deadlifts.  While we were at the gym, my friend John maxed out his deadlift at 400x1.  It inspired me to go for a 1 RM on either Thursday or Friday to gauge where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment